The down-payment is $400: $200 is refundable if there are no pet-related damages at move-out; $200 is nonrefundable to deodorize & deflea the premises at move-out. The monthly pet rent is $35 for a dog and $25 for a cat. If you would like to get a cat/dog, we’ll need written approval from all your roommates (a simple email to the Property Manager is perfect!) before a Pet Lease can be signed. Please keep in mind that aggressive breeds (Rottweiler’s or Pit Bulls) are not allowed. German Sheppard’s & Bulldogs are considered on a case-by-case basis. UNDISCLOSED PETS RESULT IN A $100/PERSON FINE PER OCCURRENCE! Be sure to promptly sign a Pet Lease to ensure you (or your roommates!) aren’t subject to a fine.
Charleston Townes tows every day, from 9pm-9am. Here’s how to avoid you or your guests getting towed:
If you happen to lose a pass, replacements can be purchased in the office for $75, via check or money order, made out to Matchbox Realty.
If you run into an unfortunate circumstance, such as your car being totaled, please contact your Property Manager ASAP to find out how to go about getting a new pass, free of charge.
In the event that you or your guest’s car is towed, please contact 1st Choice Towing at (540) 478-4869. Their releasing hours for impounded vehicles are: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (by appointment ONLY), and Saturday-Sunday, 11am-1pm.”
At Charleston Townes we complete frequent, random exterior inspections to keep our community looking its’ best and to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents (monthly exterior light inspections, bi-weekly grounds pick-up & landscaping to name a few!). Refer to the to ensure you are not found in violation of the lease (for example, having a grill on your patio or outdoor burning devices such as tiki torches). These result in a $50/person fine per occurrence. Here’s the nitty gritty, although this list is not all-inclusive:
• Outdoor fire places, pits, chimneas and any outdoor burning device; candles, kegs, illegal drugs, illegal alcohol, hot tubs, water beds, propane cooking devices, indoor furniture outside of the unit and undomesticated animals are prohibited.
• We further understand if the above items are found on the premises, they will be removed and disposed of at the tenant’s expense.
• Outdoor parties are strictly prohibited.
• No Smoking inside dwelling units. Any and all trash from smoking or other activity left outside of a unit shall be tenant responsibility and tenant will be subject to fines as laid out in "Maintenance" above.
• If LANDLORD/AGENT determines that furniture outside the unit is improper, LANDLORD/AGENT will have it removed and TENANT will be charged according to the expense incurred. Each TENANT occupying the premises will be fined a minimum of $50 for improper disposal of trash (i.e. leaving trash in breezeways). No further notice will be given before trash is removed and the fine added to TENANTs account.
• No grills are allowed on the premises. If a grill is found on the premises, tenant agrees Landlord/Agent may remove the grill immediately without notice. Tenant agrees to pay for the removal and disposal of the grill. Tenant agrees to hold Landlord/Agent harmless for any damage or loss of grill.
• Any violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a fine of $50 per person. Any repeat violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a minimum fine of $100 per person.
TENANT agrees to conduct himself, and require other persons on the premises with his consent, whether known by TENANT or not, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises. Landlord or its agent shall have the right to terminate this lease and evict TENANT if TENANT or any of his assigns, invitees, and/or guests has within a one (1) year period has been twice convicted of violating for violations occurring at the premises or in the near vicinity of the premises. Tenant understands that if Tenant violates any applicable HOA covenants or restrictions tenant may be subject to fines.
Utilities must be kept ON for the duration of your lease term (per the Rules & Regulations), but you can definitely shut off the breaker for items that will be completely out of use when you’re gone. Flip open the breaker box (it is located in the hallway). There will be a large white sticker on the inside of the door that shows what each switch goes to.
You must leave on A/C (5, 7), Water Heater (9, 11), Furnace (6, 8), Network Panel (14), Lighting (16) & Bedroom 1/Smoke Detector (18).
You may shutoff the remaining switches, which are: Dryer (1, 3), Washing Machine (13), Garbage Disposal (15), Microwave (17), Dining/Kitchen (19), Refrigerator, if empty (21), Bathroom (23), Range (2, 4), Living Room (10), Dishwasher (12), Bedroom 2 (20), Bedroom 3 (22) & Bedroom 4 (24).
The numbers may be slightly different in your apartment. Please keep in mind that both Harrisonburg Water & Sewer and Harrisonburg Electric Commission charge a monthly minimum, but this should help with the cost no less!
Security Deposit Examples